Thursday, June 24, 2010

Home

 

One of my most favorite things is to find a product that can take the place of another product that I have to buy and use on a regular basis. Not only does it save money but there’s something that feels good about using a product for a while and not always having to throw it away. About a year ago my friend Beck told me about these reusable dryer sheets and dryer balls that she loves. I was very intrigued with what they were and immediately went on a search for them. I know. I find joy in the very. very. simple things.

The dryer sheets are chemical free, hypoallergenic, they soften the fabric, when you start using them they will gradually start removing the residue from your clothes and the dryer that a regular dryer sheet sometimes leaves. It is best to wash and dry them (with a load) after the first use to get rid of said residue. I don’t have children yet, but they are supposedly really good for children’s clothing because they don’t leave any residue to cause itching or clothes “stiffness”. But my favorite part about them is that they last for over 500 loads...there are people who say they use them even longer than that. Regular Downy dryer sheets cost between $6.00 to $8.00 for a box of 120 count. You can buy the reusable dryer sheets online at Amazon for around $12.00 and get more than quadruple the amount of loads. It’s kind of a no brainer.




The next product is the dryer balls. Now this is an “extra” if you will. It is not a necessity if you are using the dryer sheets. But some people use these rather than using a dryer sheet. Or some people are like me and use both. :) They help keep your clothes separated during the drying cycle and cut down on how long it takes for your clothes to dry. I like that you can insert a soy wax fragrance stick (lavender) inside the ball and your clothes come out smelling amazing...its not an overwhelming scent...and it makes your house smell great as well. These dryer balls also last for 3 years I believe. You do the math:) The dryer balls that I use are sold by a company called Nellie’s All-Natural Cleaning Products but you can find dryer balls at Target as well...so really it's whichever you like best...or is cheapest.


I just love finding things that last longer...don't have to be thrown away...and are better for us. And these two things fit that! Plus it makes laundry just a tad bit more fun...well maybe not:)

Happy Laundry!

4 comments:

  1. I remember you talking about these! I'm going to try them...I love the idea of the lavender scent, though I think it will make me want to roll around in the laundry and therefor defeat the purpose of washing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay-- Visualizing you roll in your laundry makes me giggle... It kind of reminded me of when Whit's mom said she wanted to put her face in the Mac'n Cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember you telling me about these when we came to visit. i need to get these! if it saves us money, i am so in!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena